I find myself in a very retrospective mood lately. I'm not sure why. It cycles, I suppose. In general, I am pretty pleased with my life up to this point. Granted, I've made some bad choices, and spent far too much time with the wrong people. But I like to think I've learned from it. And that those experiences have improved me somehow. Here's a sample of what my life has taught me so far:
- Call me a prude if you like, but I know, for me personally, I will not date someone who does drugs. No matter how casual a user they may claim to be. That's nothing against anyone who chooses to go that route, it's just not a situation I choose to be a part of again.
- The Golden Rule should be followed. Have respect for and tolerance of others. You don't have to like every one you encounter, but there's no reason for rudeness or closed-mindedness.
- Honesty really is the best policy, but tact is just as important.
- My family means the world to me and there is no shame in admitting that.
- Don't be afraid to admit when you are wrong. Laugh at your mistakes and then learn from them.
- Let the people you love know it. By your words and your actions. Tomorrow may be too late.
- I have zero tolerance for infidelity. If you feel the need to roam, have the decency to let your partner know you're unhappy, break it off, whatever, first. See #2 re: respect.
- The story about friends "for a reason, a season, or a lifetime" is true. Accept the fact that some friendships may end. But they all serve a purpose and should be treasured.
- Tears can be therapuetic. Don't hold them all in.
- Masturbation will not make you go blind.

No comments:
Post a Comment